Welcome!

This blog is no longer active, come over to www.quiltingbuttercup.com for more.

Sunday, August 25, 2013

How to make cat inspired quilted egg warmers





This quick and easy project is a nice addition to your breakfast table.

To make the eggwarmer I first prepared a paper template of the right size to cover a boiled egg.




Then I cut 4 pieces of my fabric and 2 pieces of batting, a little bigger than the template.
To prepare one side of the eggwarmer (you will need 2 of these quilt sandwiches, one for the front and one for the back) place one piece of fabric right side down, put the batting on top and then add the second piece of fabric right side up.




Next I quilted the sandwich.




 Then I traced the template onto the two quilted pieces, adding the seamallowance.




I cut the two pieces and added the cat's features to the front.




The eyes are small buttons while the nose and whiskers are embroidered.

At this point I pinned front and back together with the wrong sides facing outwards.



I stitched the pieces together leaving the whole bottom open and turned the eggwarmer right side out throught the opening.






I finished the bottom adding binding. For more information on how to prepare and attach binding, click here.

Et voilĂ ... the cat inspired quilted egg warmer.






Have you made a project following this tutorial? Let me know what you think. Did you like it? Was it easy to understand and to follow? Do you have any suggestions?
Write a comment or send me an email using the contact form at the bottom of the page






No comments:

Post a Comment